News in the Studio
2015 The Dance Connection. All Rights Reserved
2017-2018 ATP Guidelines
ATP GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
Company Guidelines are here for your convenience. Please click on the
file to your right to download a copy that is to be signed and returned to the studio.
THE DANCE CONNECTION - ATP GUIDELINES
Our mission is to provide an affordable dance school with a family atmosphere where performance opportunities and non-discrimination are priorities. Our qualified instructors will recognize, nurture, and encourage each student's talent in hopes of molding and developing responsible individuals.
The Dance Connection admits students of any race, color, handicap/disability, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin and beliefs to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap/disability, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or beliefs in administration of its admission policies or other school-administered programs. Upon request, accommodation will be provided to allow individuals with disabilities to participate in all The Dance Connection services, programs and activities.
Parents, legal guardians of minor student, and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during, or after class time.
POLICIES AND SAFETY DISCLAIMER
By registering your student with The Dance Connection, all parents, guardians and students understand and expressly assume all risk involved in connection with dance instruction, rehearsal, and training at The Dance Connection, including but not limited to risk of bodily injury occurring as a result of contact with other students, instructors, walls, equipment, floors, and other objects located in or near dance studios, or the student's physical condition or physical limitations, and the student warrants that they are physically fit and able to participate in all activities involved in dance instruction, rehearsal, and performance and assume the risk of such. Students waive all claims arising out of dance instruction, rehearsal, training, and performances at The Dance Connection, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, and whether for bodily injury, property damage, or loss or otherwise, which students may ever have against The Dance Connection, its successors, and assigns, and its officers, directors, employees and agents and their heirs, executors, and administrators. By registering your student with The Dance Connection, all parents, guardians, and students understand the school policies and regulations regarding tuition payments, scheduling, performance guidelines and day to day management. Failure to abide by these policies which are in place to protect the safety of your student, allows us to remove your student from said activities.
RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE
The Dance Connection reserves the right to deny service, enrollment, or previously awarded privileges at the discretion of the school staff.
CODE OF RESPECT
Parents: To help us have a successful program of dance it is important to establish this code. Please help us instill discipline and respect by going over these class policies at home. Thank you.
Dancers show respect for themselves by:
1. Being prompt for class.
2. Being dressed properly and adhering to the dress code.
3. Having their hair up off the neck and always in a bun for ballet.
4. Always giving their best even though they may not feel the best.
Dancers show respect for others by:
1. Keeping their hands to themselves during class.
2. Waiting quietly for others to have a turn.
3. Waiting until the music is finished before entering the classroom.
4. Talking only during share time, or when spoken to by the instructor.
5. Keeping non-constructive criticism to themselves.
Dancers show respect for their teacher and the art form they are learning by:
1. Not missing class, with the exception of an illness.
2. Being properly dressed and ready for class on time.
3. Listening when the teacher speaks.
4. Leaving all dance bags, purses, cell phones (on silent!), etc., in the appropriate area of the dance room.
5. Always addressing their instructor by Mister or Miss (teacher's name).
6. When sitting on the floor, sitting with backs up straight.
7. Being prepared for their turn.
8. Always asking before leaving the room for any reason.
Dancers show respect for the studio by:
1. Leaving gum, food, or drinks outside.
2. Never hanging on the ballet barres.
3. Never running or doing gymnastics in the studio or lobby.
4. Putting trash and cans/bottles in the proper places.
5. Keeping their belongings neat and tidy around the dance studio in designated areas.
Parents show respect for the dance class, teacher, and studio by:
1. Always being informed about dance studio news.
2. Standing away from the viewing window if it becomes obvious that students are being distracted.
3. Keeping non-constructive criticism to themselves.
4. Having students ready for class before entering the classroom.
5. Picking students up promptly after class or making after class arrangements.
Company dancers and parents are also expected to adhere to the following policies:
1. Attendance is mandatory for company dancers. Dancers who are absent from more than a total of two classes a moth will be evaluated with the possible risk of dismissal.
2. Please call if you will be absent from class.
3. All dancers are expected to come to class and observe if they are physically unable to participate. Doctors' notes (if a dancer is absent for an extended period of time with a doctor's note, we reserve the right to determine if he or she can remain in the Company and/or is able to participate in any performances or competitions), extreme illnesses, and family matters are excused.
4. Dancers who are absent are responsible for learning any missed choreography before returning to class. We recommend dancers exchange phone numbers/e-mails with fellow classmates.
5. All company dancers MUST wear a bodysuit, tights and the proper shoes to class. NO EXCUSES! Hair is to be pulled back in a ponytail or secure bun for all classes. We recommend long hair to be in a bun to alleviate distractions. Boys must also have their hair out of their faces and wear appropriate, form-fitting dance pants and shirts.
6. Please arrive to class 15 minutes early to stretch and to prepare for class.
7. Dancers must be 100% prepared (i.e. hair, clothes, shoes) before entering the dance floor.
8. Dancers who come to class unprepared will be asked to sit and observe and will be unable to participate.
9. Questions pertaining to dance and/or your child's progress will not be addressed during class time. Please call or e-mail the studio to set up a personal conference. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
10. Make-up classes for solos, duets, and trios will not be offered for any reason. This includes inclement weather, illness, vacation, or any other personal matters.
11. Competitions are mandatory. Competition dates are provided well in advance for your convenience. Please make the appropriate arrangements to ensure your dancer's attendance. Thank you in advance for you cooperation.
12. TUITION IS NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE
13. Notice must be given to The Dance Connection in writing if you no longer wish to continue taking class during the school year. You will still be charged for classes missed if you fail to inform us you will not be returning.
13. Tuition payments serve as an agreement between the dancers/parents and The Dance Connection that they will cooperate with the focus and policies of the school. Anyone who cannot adhere to school policies will be asked to leave the school.
14. Any behavior deemed to be disruptive or distracting by students, parents or guests will be grounds for immediate dismissal. There will be no warnings or appeals for this decision.
By signing this letter, I understand and agree to the policies of The Dance Connection ATP Guidelines 2013-2014.
ATP Dancer (Print Name) Parent/Guardian
ATP DRESS CODE:
LEOTARD AND TIGHTS (ANY COLOR/ANY STYLE)
TIGHT-FITTING BOY SHORTS (ANY COLOR/ ANY STYLE)
BALLET SKIRTS (ANY COLOR/ANY STYLE)
JAZZ PANTS (ANY COLOR /ANY STYLE)
TIGHT CAPRI OR ANKLE LENGTH LEGGINGS (ANY COLOR/ANY STYLE)
SHRUG (ANY COLOR/ANY STYLE)
LEGWARMERS (ANY COLOR/ANY STYLE)
SMALL EARRINGS ONLY
ALL OTHER CLOTHING ITEMS ARE NOT TO BE WORN TO CLASS.
HAIR MUST BE IN A BUN FOR POINTE AND BALLET. A SECURE PONYTAIL IS ACCEPTABLE FOR OTHER CLASSES. PLEASE NOTE- IF AN INSTRUCTOR ASKS HAIR TO BE WORN A SPECIFIC WAY, YOU MUST ADHERE TO THAT RULE!
DANCERS IN ATP ARE REQUIRED TO BE PRESENT FOR CLASS. ALL ABSENCES MUST BE EMAILED TO TDC AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. CHRONIC LATENESS/ABSENCES WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL FROM ATP. THIS PROGRAM IS FOR THE SERIOUS AND COMMITTED DANCER - DANCERS WHO DO NOT ATTEND CLASS LOSE CRUCIAL TRAINING AND INTERFERE WITH THE PROGRESS OF THEIR CLASSMATES AND CHOREOGRAPHY. OUR ATTENDANCE POLICY WILL BE ENFORCED AND DANCERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE DOCTOR'S NOTES IF NECESSARY. DANCERS WHO ARE ABSENT THE WEEK OF A PERFORMANCE, COMPETITION, ETC. WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE. DATES ARE GIVEN IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
BY SIGNING BELOW, YOU AGREE TO AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.
_________________________________ _____________ ________________________________________
PARENT/GUARDIAN DATE PLEASE PRINT DANCER'S NAME(S)