News in the Studio
Student Guidelines are here for your convenience. Please click on the file to your
right to download a copy that is to be signed and returned to the studio.
2017-2018 The Dance Connection Student Guidelines
Our mission is to provide an affordable dance school with a family atmosphere where performance opportunities and non-discrimination are priorities. Our qualified instructors will recognize, nurture, and encourage each student's talent in hopes of molding and developing responsible individuals.
The Dance Connection admits students of any race, color, handicap/disability, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin and beliefs to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap/disability, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or beliefs in administration of its admission policies or other school-administered programs. Upon request, accommodation will be provided to allow individuals with disabilities to participate in all The Dance Connection services, programs and activities.
Parents, legal guardians of minor student, and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during, or after class time.
POLICIES AND SAFETY DISCLAIMER
By registering your student with The Dance Connection, all parents, guardians and students understand and expressly assume all risk involved in connection with dance instruction, rehearsal, and training at The Dance Connection, including but not limited to risk of bodily injury occurring as a result of contact with other students, instructors, walls, equipment, floors, and other objects located in or near dance studios, or the student's physical condition or physical limitations, and the student warrants that they are physically fit and able to participate in all activities involved in dance instruction, rehearsal, and performance and assume the risk of such. Students waive all claims arising out of dance instruction, rehearsal, training, and performances at The Dance Connection, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, and whether for bodily injury, property damage, or loss or otherwise, which students may ever have against The Dance Connection, its successors, and assigns, and its officers, directors, employees and agents and their heirs, executors, and administrators. By registering your student with The Dance Connection, all parents, guardians, and students understand the school policies and regulations regarding tuition payments, scheduling, performance guidelines and day to day management. Failure to abide by these policies which are in place to protect the safety of your student, allows us to remove your student from said activities.
RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE
The Dance Connection reserves the right to deny service, enrollment, or previously awarded privileges at the discretion of the school staff.
CODE OF RESPECT
Parents: To help us have a successful program of dance it is important to establish this code. Please help us instill discipline and respect by going over these class policies at home. Thank you.
Dancers show respect for themselves by:
1. Being prompt for class.
2. Being dressed properly and adhering to the dress code.
3. Having their hair up off the neck and always in a bun for ballet.
4. Always giving their best even though they may not feel the best.
Dancers show respect for others by:
1. Keeping their hands to themselves during class.
2. Waiting quietly for others to have a turn.
3. Waiting until the music is finished before entering the classroom.
4. Talking only during share time, or when spoken to by the instructor.
5. Keeping non-constructive criticism to themselves.
Dancers show respect for their teacher and the art form they are learning by:
1. Not missing class, with the exception of an illness.
2. Being properly dressed and ready for class on time.
3. Listening when the teacher speaks.
4. Leaving all dance bags, purses, cell phones (on silent!), etc., in the appropriate area of the dance room.
5. Always addressing their instructor by Mister or Miss (teacher's name).
6. When sitting on the floor, sitting with backs up straight.
7. Being prepared for their turn.
8. Always asking before leaving the room for any reason.
Dancers show respect for the studio by:
1. Leaving gum, food, or drinks outside.
2. Never hanging on the ballet barres.
3. Never running or doing gymnastics in the studio or lobby.
4. Putting trash and cans/bottles in the proper places.
5. Keeping their belongings neat and tidy around the dance studio in designated areas.
Parents show respect for the dance class, teacher, and studio by:
1. Always being informed about dance studio news.
2. Standing away from the viewing window if it becomes obvious that students are being distracted.
3. Keeping non-constructive criticism to themselves.
4. Having students ready for class before entering the classroom.
5. Picking students up promptly after class or making after class arrangements.
Dancers and parents are also expected to adhere to the following policies:
1. ALL dancers must wear a bodysuit and tights at all times - no exceptions!
2. Dancers are required to wear their hair up in a securely tied ponytail or bun in ALL dance classes.
3. Dance shoes are to be worn in the studio only. DO NOT allow your dancer to wear his/her shoes outside of the studio as it brings dirt, small rocks, etc. onto the dance floor!
4. No excessive jewelry.
5. Boys - any color dance pants, form-fitting t-shirt (any color), hair must be kept out of face, proper shoes.
6. Dancers must be ready to work before entering the studio - hair, shoes, etc. must be in proper order BEFORE the start of class.
7. Street shoes are NOT permitted on the dance floor.
8. Students are not permitted to enter the dance studio until invited by a teacher with no exceptions.
9. Any dancer who does not comply with the studio rules will be asked to sit and observe class.
10. Dress code is strictly enforced.
11. Students should be dressed appropriately and be prepared to start class at the designated time.
12. Attendance is recorded. We will call students who have inconsistent attendance.
13. Lateness will not be tolerated. Students are encouraged to arrive a few minutes early to stretch.
14. No refunds or make-ups for classes missed for any reason (including closings due to weather).
15. No refunds or make-up classes for private lessons - no exceptions.
16. We ask parents not to approach teachers about dancer's progress during or between classes. We encourage parental involvement and will be happy to set up a private parent/teacher conference at your convenience.
17. TUITION IS NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE
18. Notice must be given to The Dance Connection in writing if you no longer wish to continue taking class during the school year. You will still be charged for classes missed if you fail to inform us you will not be returning.
19. Tuition payments serve as an agreement between the dancers/parents and The Dance Connection that they will cooperate with the focus and policies of the school. Anyone who cannot adhere to school policies will be asked to leave the school.
20. Any behavior deemed to be disruptive or distracting by students, parents or guests will be grounds for immediate dismissal. There will be no warnings or appeals for this decision.
2015 The Dance Connection. All Rights Reserved